Miri Oren, resident chef for the Natural and Kosher kitchen, brings you this delicious and easy to make recipe!
Share this to your timeline to save it and refer back to it!
Puff Pastry Twists
Puff pastry dough thawed (about 1 pound or 17 oz)
1 Ttbsp water
All purpose flour
About 1/2 cup Natural & Kosher grated parmesan cheese
Assorted spices like paprika, garlic, basil,oregano.( about 1 teaspoon) . You can use sesame seeds or nigella seeds as well.
1. Heat the oven to 400 degree F. Beat the egg and water in a small bowl.
2. Place the thawed, but still cold, pastry on well-floured work surface. Roll the pastry into a 14*10 inch
3. Brush the dough with the egg mixture, you won’t use all of it. Save the remainder to use again later.
4. Sprinkle half the dough with the Natural & Kosher grated parmesan cheese and assorted spices you like.
5. Fold the bare half of the dough over the half containing cheese and spices. Roll gently with a rolling pin to press them together.
6. Cut the pastry crosswise into about 1/2-inch strips for thin strips or 3/4-1 inch for wider strips.
7. Pick up a dough strip and twist each end in opposite direction until the dough is a spiraled cylinder.
place them 2 inch apart on baking sheet. Pressing down the ends. Brush the pastries with the remainder of the egg mixture and
you can sprinkle more spices or sesame seeds on top.
8. Bake for 10-15 min. or until golden-brown